Sunday, January 15, 2012

#2 A Situation I Could Never Imagine

When I heard about the devastation that occurred in some areas in Iligan City and Cagayan, I was stunned for a moment because I could never believe that such phenomenon could happen. It was all over the news. Houses, buildings, cars, and even lives were washed away by Typhoon Sendong. I saw thousands of homeless families on evacuation who are helpless and weeping because they had lost their loved ones.  It happened few days before Christmas and it made me very sad because how can they celebrate the birth of Christ in that situation.  I can hear sorrow and despair whenever a survivor of the typhoon recalls how bitter that night was.  I can’t find the exact words to say to them but I manage to say “I’m happy you’re safe. I know God is always with you. He will never leave your side.”  We can’t blame God for what happened. We can’t question why He let this happen because all the things that our Almighty Father does has a reason. Everything happened for a reason. I may not know what it is but let's just thank Him that he gave us another day to prove that we are worthy to live in his wonderful creation, the Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment